Click on an image for
historical details about each window
About Our Building
The first building was dedicated in 1868, and many of the members were pioneers in the founding of the community. In the 1890's bells were added to the bell tower of the original building. The first church building was severely damaged by lightning in 1901, and the current building which houses our sanctuary and Memorial Room and two towers was built and dedicated in 1903. During the early 20th century decades, our stained glass windows were installed, and modern amenities came to the building.
In the mid-to-late 1950s, after St. Peter's joined the United Church of Christ the parts of our facility which hold our gymnasium, kitchen, offices, Sunday School rooms, and nursery were built. The gymnasium afforded space for plays, dinner theater, and youth activities, all of which helped raise funds for the next major renovation - the sanctuary and belltower, deemed "Project 81". This project was completed in 1981, and remains today.